What is a cookie?
Cookies, also known as tracking cookies, browser cookies and HTTP cookies, are small text files, stored in your device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a certain page on the Internet. The text file is a coded piece of information sent from the web server to your internet browser that is being brought back by the browser every time you access the same server. Because of their nature, cookies are not dangerous for your online security – they are neither spyware, nor viruses. Cookies are essential, because they allow the users to exploit our website.
What kinds of cookies do we use?
- First Party Cookies: These are the cookies collected by the Offers Dunia website. These cookies are only used by Offers Dunia when the user visits our website.
- Third Party Cookies: These cookies are used to share information with third parties such as advertisers or social media platforms.
- Session Cookies: These cookies remain active on your browser until closed.
- Persistent Cookies: A browser stores these cookies for a specific amount of time before the cookies expire. These are used to perform functions such as keeping a user logged in or for web analytics purposes.
What are cookies used for?
First party cookies:
- Track user behavior on our website: Cookies help us track the source of the user, track how a user interacted with our website, to remember user preferences, to show search history etc. This helps us improve the user experience on our website.
- Authentication: If you are signed in to Offers Dunia, cookies help us show you the right information and personalize your experience.
Third party cookies:
- Cashback Tracking: We use third party persistent cookies to track any purchases you make on our partner merchants via Offers Dunia and offer cashback to you. If you do not have such persistent cookies enabled on your computer, your transactions won’t get tracked and you will not be able to earn cashback from Offers Dunia.
How can you disable/enable cookies?
You have the ability to enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use some of the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Note: If you disable the cookies in your browser which are used to track your purchases via our website, you will not be able to earn cashback when you shop our website.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select Settings.
- At the bottom of the new window, click on Advanced.
- Under the Privacy section, click the Site Settings button
- In the Site Settings window click the Cookies section
- In the Cookies window, click the See all cookies and Site Data.
- Delete cookies individually or click the Remove all button.